Dr. Fiore holds a joint appointment with the Cognitive Sciences program in the Department of Philosophy and the Institute of Simulation and Training. He earned his Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology from the University of Pittsburgh (2000) working primarily in the Learning Research and Development Center. He is Director of the Cognitive Sciences Laboratory (CSL), a collaborating research unit affiliated with the Institute for Simulation and Training and the Philosophy Department.
He maintains a multidisciplinary research interest that incorporates aspects of cognitive, social, and organizational theory in the investigation of learning and performance in individuals and teams.
1. Fiore, S. M. (2008). Interdisciplinarity as teamwork: How the science of teams can inform team science. Small Group Research, 39(3), 251-277.
2. Fiore, S. M., McDaniel, R., & Jentsch, F. (in press). Narrative-Based Collaboration Systems for Distributed Teams: Nine Research Questions for Information Managers. Information Systems Management.
3. Fiore, S. M., Salas, E., Cuevas, H. M. & Bowers, C. A. (2003). Distributed coordination space: Toward a theory of distributed team process and performance. Theoretical Issues in Ergonomic Science, 4, 3-4, 340-363.
4. Salas, E., & Fiore, S. M. (Editors). (2004). Team Cognition: Understanding the factors that drive process and performance. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
5. Stagl, K. C., Salas, E., & Fiore, S. M. (2007). Best practices in cross training teams. In D. A. Nembhard (Ed.), Workforce cross training handbook (pp. 156 - 175). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
SoSP Posted Content
Posted: Jul 06, 2017
I just learned of this important development in Open Access. Knowledge Unlatched is moving into STEM scholarship (see below).
Posted: Jul 01, 2017
So this is on my Twitter feed as "OK Cupid for Research Collaborations". It was only a matter of time until scientists started swiping left...
Posted: Jul 01, 2017
Hi Everyone - I'm glad to see a lot of discussion around this topic. Remember that this is a "Request for Information".
Posted: Jun 29, 2017
In light of the question on vaccines and the subsequent citations, I wanted to recommend a report, written by Seth Shulman, back in 2002. It’s called “Trouble on the Endless Frontier: Science, In
Posted: Jun 27, 2017
Hi Everyone - Because the issues and challenges of Open Access publishing is sometimes discussed in our communities, I wanted to share an impressive article that just came out in
Posted: Jun 26, 2017
Hi Everyone - there is another interesting DARPA RFI out continuing its theme of research on improving research in the social sciences.
Posted: Jun 16, 2017
There is a new paper out comparing country level productivity and national/international research collaborations.
Posted: Jun 09, 2017
Hi Everyone - I'm looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it to Clearwater Beach, FL next week for the 2017
Science of Team Science Conference, June 12-14.
Posted: May 30, 2017
Hi Everyone - We wanted to write to the SciTS stakeholder community about an exciting addition to this year's Science of Team Science Conference in Clearwater Beach, FL. This is another
Posted: May 25, 2017
Hi Everyone - this is a reminder about the deadline this weekend (Saturday May 26th) to submit your 300-word abstract for a Rapid Communication poster (described below) for the 2017