Dr. Fiore holds a joint appointment with the Cognitive Sciences program in the Department of Philosophy and the Institute of Simulation and Training. He earned his Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology from the University of Pittsburgh (2000) working primarily in the Learning Research and Development Center. He is Director of the Cognitive Sciences Laboratory (CSL), a collaborating research unit affiliated with the Institute for Simulation and Training and the Philosophy Department.
He maintains a multidisciplinary research interest that incorporates aspects of cognitive, social, and organizational theory in the investigation of learning and performance in individuals and teams.
1. Fiore, S. M. (2008). Interdisciplinarity as teamwork: How the science of teams can inform team science. Small Group Research, 39(3), 251-277.
2. Fiore, S. M., McDaniel, R., & Jentsch, F. (in press). Narrative-Based Collaboration Systems for Distributed Teams: Nine Research Questions for Information Managers. Information Systems Management.
3. Fiore, S. M., Salas, E., Cuevas, H. M. & Bowers, C. A. (2003). Distributed coordination space: Toward a theory of distributed team process and performance. Theoretical Issues in Ergonomic Science, 4, 3-4, 340-363.
4. Salas, E., & Fiore, S. M. (Editors). (2004). Team Cognition: Understanding the factors that drive process and performance. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
5. Stagl, K. C., Salas, E., & Fiore, S. M. (2007). Best practices in cross training teams. In D. A. Nembhard (Ed.), Workforce cross training handbook (pp. 156 - 175). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
SoSP Posted Content
Posted: Jun 16, 2017
There is a new paper out comparing country level productivity and national/international research collaborations.
Posted: Jun 09, 2017
Hi Everyone - I'm looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it to Clearwater Beach, FL next week for the 2017
Science of Team Science Conference, June 12-14.
Posted: May 30, 2017
Hi Everyone - We wanted to write to the SciTS stakeholder community about an exciting addition to this year's Science of Team Science Conference in Clearwater Beach, FL. This is another
Posted: May 25, 2017
Hi Everyone - this is a reminder about the deadline this weekend (Saturday May 26th) to submit your 300-word abstract for a Rapid Communication poster (described below) for the 2017
Posted: May 19, 2017
Hi Everyone - We wanted to write to the SciTS stakeholder community about the upcoming 2017 Science of Team Science Conference in Clearwater Beach, FL from June
Posted: May 18, 2017
Hi Everyone - I just learned of this conference that will likely be of interest to many on this list.
Posted: May 17, 2017
Hi Everyone - I'm seeking some wisdom of the crowd on an atypical question. First, as background, when I attended the Transdisciplinary Network conference in Fall of 2015
Posted: May 12, 2017
In the context of the recent post by Leydesdorff, Wagner, and Bornmann on their paper describing citation networks as measures of interdisciplinarity, I wanted to point out a newish metric "Semanti
Posted: May 09, 2017
Hi Everyone - to kick off your summer reading, here are a couple of articles that were just published in Physics Today. (And, following some trails on this well-indexed magazine, I tracked
Posted: May 03, 2017
Meanwhile, down on the bayou, in a battle that will be watched closely by university libraries, the fighting tigers are taking the fight to Amsterdam...